No. Don’t kill yourself if you haven’t heard of this paper. It’s an in-house publication that is circulated within the four walls of IIJNM in a small village called Kumbalgudu.
Never heard of Kumbalgudu? That’s roughly 20km from Bangalore city.
Never heard of Bangalore? DIE.
So far, about 8 people have asked me the same thing: “How was it? How did it feel do be an editor?”
I only have answer: It’s over. PERIOD.
LESSONS LEARNT TODAY:
- Never think that an editor’s job is to simply boss around. It’s not.
- Never think that an editor has a ‘fixed’ job. It’s never EVER fixed.
- Never think that once something’s edited, it’s over. It’s never over.
- Never assume anything. Anything.
- Always carry Moov. It will come in handy.
- Sleep well the day before. Or be prepared to have at least 3 cups of tea/coffee(depending on the individual’s preference/situation)
- Recharge your cell well in advance.
- Adjust. Be flexible and open to all ideas. Listen. Breathe in and out. Listen some more. Be open. After having done all of these, YELL. Things are usually fine after that.
- Remember the golden words: “This too shall pass”
- Learn stress management techniques. Do Yoga. Listen to Rehman instrumental. If nothing works, follow Step 6 (almost always works)
Simple, isn’t it?
Wait till you be one…